Education grants are provided to assist schools, educators, and youth groups and other organizations and communities.
- Projects may include environmental awareness curriculum for students, classroom environmental projects, tree plantings and campus xeriscape projects, educational outdoor gardens, horticulture/nature education, recycling projects, and campus cleanup projects.
Native Plant & Landscaping Grant
These grants may be used for the creation of low water use plantings, utilizing plants native to the Southwest in a natural setting (NOTE: no planters.) Native tree, native flower, wildflower, and tree/vegetative restoration projects may also be supported.
Solid Waste, Litter Control & Recycling Grant
These grants may be used for “hands on” projects, trash cleanup, waste audit, creation / expansion of recycling facilities, provision of trash receptacles.
Arbor Day Grant Amount
Grants in this category are allocated for planting of trees, and tree/vegetation restoration projects.
- Arbor Day is celebrated in New Mexico on the second Friday in March.
- However, with New Mexico’s multiple climate zone, delay in planting might be necessary.
- Contact KNMB Grant Chair should you need an extension.
- KNMB would like to partner with one Arbor Day grant recipient to showcase their project for the State’s celebration. Please contact KNMB Grant Chair with your request.
KNMB Month Grant Amount
KNMB Month Grants are provided in April to celebrate Keep New Mexico Beautiful Month in conjunction with Keep America Beautiful Month activities.
- Projects may include: plantings, litter clean up campaigns and landscaping.
- Planting might have to be delayed due to multiple climate zones.
- Contact the KNMB Grant Chair for an extension.
- KNMB would like to partner with one KNMB Month grant recipient to celebrate KNMB Month and highlight their project. Please contact KNMB Grant Chair with your request.