Grants in this category are allocated for planting of trees, and tree/vegetation restoration projects.
- Arbor Day is celebrated in New Mexico on the second Friday in March.
- However, with New Mexico’s multiple climate zone, delay in planting might be necessary.
- Contact KNMB Grant Chair should you need an extension.
- KNMB would like to partner with one Arbor Day grant recipient to showcase their project for the State’s celebration. Please contact KNMB Grant Chair with your request.
Some previous grant ideas that have been funded by KNMB:
- School beautification tree plantings
- Planting of drought tolerant and naive trees in parks and medians
- Tree plantings around municipal buildings and libraries
- Plantings along the Bosque or wilderness areas